INSTANT PONGAL MIX
Pongal is a delicious south Indian traditional breakfast recipe, generally prepared from rice and green gram.
We have made an attempt to prepare instant Pongal mix using processed sorghum, green gram dhal, spices & condiments. The mix has to be added to three cups of boiling water and cooked in a pressure cooker for up to three whistles mixed with ghee or milk to make round balls before serving. The formulated mix was packed in an MPET packing material.
Advantages and Uniqueness of technology/Product
- Instantly Pongal can be prepared with added flavor and taste.
- It is Gluten Free and safe for Celiac Patients.
- Rich source of phenolic compounds and causes satiety resulting in slower digestibility.
- Reduces oxidative stress (Antioxidant)
- A low-calorie diet (through Dietary fiber) promotes healthy digestion.
- It fights against Arthritis and Rheumatism
- Shelf life for a period of one year.
Nutritional Instant Pongal Mix (per 100 g.)
Nutrients (100 g) Value
Energy (kcal) 348
Carbohydrates (g) 69.4
Protein (g) 13.2
Fat (g) 2.1
Fibre (g) 1.54