INSTANT SORGHUM IDLI MIX
Idli is indigenous traditional breakfast food in mostly southern Indian cuisine, which is a steamed product made from rice semolina and ground pulses and typically served with a spiced vegetable filling or chutney.
We have made an attempt to prepare instant sorghum idli mix sorghum fine semolina, black gram dhal, salt, and food-grade additives; citric acid and sodium bicarbonate were used as main ingredients.
All the ingredients were mixed uniformly in a blender. The formulated mix was packed in an MPET packing material.
Advantages and Uniqueness of technology/Product
- Instantly sorghum idli can be prepared to reduce the cumbersome time for fermentation.
- It is a rich source of phenolic compounds and causes satiety resulting in slower digestibility.
- Reduces oxidative stress (Antioxidant)
- The shelf life of the idli mix is 3 months.
- The instant idli mix has a high amount of calcium, iron, zinc, and riboflavin when compared to the control idli.
Nutritional Composition of Instant Idli 100 g.
Nutrients (100g) Value
Energy (kcal) 364
Carbohydrates (g) 71.7
Protein (g) 12.4
Fat (g) 1.6
Riboflavin (mg) 1.5
Folic acid (µg) 45.7
Calcium (mg) 10.2
Iron (mg) 7.2
Zinc (mg) 0.9
Magnesium (mg) 102.3