INSTANT UPMA MIX
Upma is indigenous traditional breakfast food in mostly southern Indian cuisine, which is boiled semolina made from wheat/rice with added pulses, condiments, and spices.
We have made an attempt to prepare instant sorghum upma mix sorghum semolina, Bengal gram dal; mustard seeds, curry leaves, dried green chilies, salt, and oil were used as ingredients.
Semolina, mustard seeds, and Bengal gram dal were roasted separately. To the semolina, roasted mustard seeds, Bengal gram dal, dehydrated curry leaves, salt and were added and mixed.
The formulated mix was packed in an MPET packing material.
Advantages and Uniqueness of technology/Product
- Instantly sorghum upma can be prepared with added flavor and taste.
- It is Gluten Free and safe for Celiac Patients.
- Rich source of phenolic compounds and causes satiety resulting in slower digestibility.
- Reduces oxidative stress (Antioxidant)
- A low-calorie diet (through Dietary fiber) promotes healthy digestion
- The shelf life of upma mix is 6 months.
- The instant upma mix has a high amount of fiber, protein, and iron when compared to control traditional upma.
Nutritional Composition of Instant Upma Mix (per 100 g.)
|Nutrients (100 g)||Value|