Cookies are a popular ready-to-eat product consumed by different age groups in a family. Cookie of 100% millets is prepared using a planetary mixer, automatic cookie making machine, and rotary oven.
Cookies have been prepared at IIMR using the formulation pearl millet, finger millet, and foxtail millet flour of superior quality with the addition of sugar, milk solids, trans-free-fat, salt, and nature-identical flavoring substances.
Products and by-products
- Cookie – 92%; By-product yield – 8% (Dough left in the machine, Broken cookies or unbaked)
Advantages and Uniqueness of technology/Product
- Pure Millet biscuits are fiber-rich and beneficial for all age groups.
- Low sugar and low fat compared to the market products.
- It is rich in magnesium, zinc, iron, dietary fiber, and protein.
- It has a shelf life of 6 months.
Nuutrient composition for MIllets Biscuit (per 100 g.)
|Nutrients (100g)||Ragi Biscuit||Bajra Biscuit|
|Dietary fiber (g)||1.9||1.4|